My Podium

Monday, December 22, 2008

When IGP talks politics

Does law and order discuss hypocrisy?

The IGP, Tan Sri Musa Hassan, said the groups behind several demonstration and protest activities of lates are hypocrites. Such a strong word he uttered depicts even stronger on his misconducts.

On hearing him, I delivered my verdict. The IGP is a civil servant and the above statement is not welcome and expected from a civil servant - let alone from the IGP. Who is the IGP to comment on matters of political ideologies? Who is the IGP not to limit his words within the scope of his work and jurisdiction? Who is the IGP to bring his political battles against civil societies on the media?

My verdict is also clear. I don’t dispute his intellectual capacity to talk politics, but as long as he wears the IGP uniform, he is not authorized to talk politics. The issue he was commenting resides boldly at the heart of current debates among political circles. I far as I’m convinced, the IGP should remain outside of this raging circles. Surely he has more things to do besides politics.

I’m not interested to comment on the content of his statement. He is not even a player in this match, so why bother returning his ball. I am merely commenting on his conduct for making political statements behind the IGP’s rostrum. And this is detestable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home